Bacon Eggs Benedict
- 1 English muffin (toasted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 11/2 tsp. water
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 eight ounce stick of butter, room temperature
- Salt to taste
- 4 slices bacon (cooked)
- Pepper, to taste
- Begin by making the Hollandaise sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Swirl the butter in the pan until it is no longer frothy.
- Place the egg yolk in bowl. Add the lemon juice and water to the cup.
- Using an immersion blender, begin pouring the butter into the bowl while the blender is still on.
- Blend until the sauce is completely smooth. Whisk in salt to taste.
- Store in a lidded pot in a warm place. The Hollandaise cannot be reheated, only kept warm for a short time.
- For poaching the eggs, boil a pot of water. Add one of the eggs to the water for about 20 seconds, remove and crack the egg into a small bowl.
- Stir the water in a swirling motion. Pour the egg into the eye of the swirl.
- Continue swirling the water so the egg white wraps around the yolk. Cook for about 1½minutes or until the whites look set.
- Carefully remove the egg with a slotted spoon and place it on a paper towel. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with the other egg.
- Cut cooked bacon into strips and place them on top of each half of the toasted English muffin.
- Top each muffin with a poached egg. Spoon Hollandaise over the top of each and finish with pepper.